10.29.2009

First Things First

Well here it is! You guys have asked for it, so I'm going to do my best to be diligent and let you in on where the best deals are from week to week. My goal is to update at least a few times a day.

New ads come out on Sundays and Tuesdays for local stores. My focus will be Target, Walgreens, Fry's, Safeway and Albertsons. However, deals appear all over the place so there will be a variety of other stores as well.

First thing is first, you HAVE to start getting a Sunday paper. A lot of my deals will end up coming from coupons from weeks past. So at the beginning, you may or may not have a coupon I'm referring to. If you buy one Sunday paper for $2, there's a flyer where you can get just the Sunday paper delivered to your door for $1 each. It will be well worth the $4 a month, I promise!

As far as online coupons and deals, I'll provide you links to those, so don't worry about that now.

If you have questions or need clarification on any post, just leave a comment - you're probably not the only one that will be confused at first!

And if you know of a great deal that will benefit most of us, let me know or just leave a comment with all the details...let's do this thing together!

The biggest thing I have learned "couponing" is to BE PATIENT. For the best deals, you might take two to three small shopping trips each week buying smaller amounts verses going once every other week or so and stocking up on everything you need.

The best way to score a good deal is to see what is on sale AND combine it with a coupon. One without the other isn't all that great of a deal. My goal is to outline just the BEST deals I find every week. Not every little thing.

And last but not least, this is very important, set up and email account that will ONLY be used for coupon related news. Sometimes you have to put in a valid email address to get access to the manufacturer coupons, for me, I would rather not fill up my personal email with newsletters and such so it makes things much easier to keep it all separate.

Okay, here we go!

1 comment:

  1. so i couldn't wait for the official launch.. had to check it out! so excited kel! so so excited!

    ReplyDelete