3.12.2010

Stacking Coupons

I was just asked such a great question, I thought I would share my response. Please don't hesitate to ask questions - it helps us all out to better understand the "system".

The question was: How do you know when you can "stack" coupons?

I came up with the top 3 scenarios of when you might run into this situation:

1) You can stack a manufacturer coupon (i.e. from newspaper inserts, most online printable coupons such as coupons.com) with a STORE specific coupon. Store coupons are usually found within the store's weekly ad or sometimes online at the store's website. (i.e. Target usually has their own coupons online, grocery stores typically have in-store coupons in their weekly ad). The best way to know is to just look at the coupon. It should specify if it's a manufacturer coupon or a specific store coupon.

2) You can stack eCoupons (shortcuts.com, cellfire.com, etc) with ANY other type of coupons--manufacturer and/or in-store coupons. The best thing about eCoupons is, if you load them EVERY time they're available, you're likely to have duplicates on your card when you go to use it and combined with a physical coupon...you can't beat those deals.

3) Catalinas (coupons that print after your transaction at grocery stores) - If your catalina is for "x" amount of dollars off your next purchase, you can combine that with ANY other coupon. There's no restrictions. However, sometimes you'll get actual product coupons that say manufacturer coupon on top. You would treat that like any other manufacturer coupon.

Does that make any sense? Any other questions!? Hopefully that doesn't confuse you any more, but makes things a bit clearer.

**Also, Walgreens is a bit trickier. They have Register Rewards which are NOT catalinas. You might want to read through my Walgreens Tips and Tricks to get a better understanding and then of course, follow up with any other questions!!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this info! I was the one with the question and this helps a lot! Thanks for your website! It is user friendly and so inspiring! I got so much stuff yesterday at safeway for only 6.50 using your tips and did some of my own scenarios. Going back today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, how often are the eCoupons available to add to store card?

    ReplyDelete
  3. New eCoupons tend to show up every 2 weeks. However, there have been a few times I've noticed a few pop up more often than that.

    I just try to check once a week, usually before I start my next week of grocery shopping. And every time they are available, I load them, even if I'm not sure I'll use them. There's no limit to how many can be stored on your card so you might as well grab all you can! :D

    ReplyDelete