2.19.2010

My Blog - An Update!

I officially launched this blog on January 25th, and as of today, my blog has been viewed 1202 times! I would like to say I have 1200 friends who all viewed it once, but...I don't. Which is actually pretty exciting to think I have something worth saying that it was read over a thousand times in just 3 weeks. Thank you for reading and coming back to read some more!!

Who knows where it's going, but it's been so much fun so far. I imagine the weekends will be a little "lighter" on the posts with Monday through Wednesday being the heaviest. But I will be diligent to let you know of the best deals I see out there.

For the most part, I want to make the deals the most convenient for you. So although there might be a pack of gum you can get for free (i.e. Orbitz Gum is FREE at KMart through tomorrow with THIS coupon or a FREE children's Hallmark Card from a Hallmark Gold Crown store), I think it's a bit of a stretch to think there will be many people who make a special trip for one item. Unless of course it's a flat screen TV for free....I'm sure we'd all make the special trip then!

Perhaps at the end of the week I'll make one blog post with all those "extras" for those who want to take advantage. However, my hope is you really can take what I give you each day, at least the majority of it, and truly make it work for you.

This is also an experiment - my blog. It all started to give my friends ideas on how I get things for free. There's so many other deals out there, like rebates for example, that I just don't want to get into....at least not yet. I hope it is not overwhelming to get the few things I share each day. Once we are in the rhythm of how the "system" works and are comfortable with it, maybe I will expand.

But if you have ideas/thoughts/suggestions...I'm all ears! Like I've said before...this is a work in progress. And with that said, I have new "pages" that will be up soon on the right hand side, and I will be experimenting with the layout from time to time and trying new things. If it doesn't work, I'll figure it out. Just don't give up on me!

I am also going to bite the bullet here soon and actually buy my own URL for $10. I figure it's worth it if I'm really going to go for this whole thing. So expect a name change soon...(one of the many good things about blogger is they will redirect you to the new URL if you come here first!) In the meantime, thank you and THANK YOU again for reading! I hope you're also enjoying utilizing it! And...feel free to tell your friends! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment